Index: What you will find below (in alphabetical order):
- Darkness to Light
- Girls Inc. Monroe County
- KAP Kids with Absent Parents
- Monroe County Public Health Clinic
- Monroe County Health Department - Harm Reduction Programs
- Indiana Coalition Against Domestic Violence
Darkness to Light - End Child Sexual Abuse
The 5 Steps to protecting our children
Darkness to Light is a non-profit organization that provides adults with the tools and training to prevent , recognize and react responsibly to child sexual abuse.
- Learn the Facts: 1 in 10 children are sexually abused. Over 90% of them know their abuser.
- Minimize Opportunity: Eliminate or reduce isolated, one-on-one situations to decrease risk for abuse.
- Talk About It: Have open conversations with children about our bodies, sex and boundaries.
- Recognize The Signs: Know the signs of abuse to protect children from further harm.
- React Responsibility: Understand how to respond to risky behaviors and suspicions or reports of sexual abuse.
Girls Inc. Monroe County
Girls Inc. of Monroe County is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that inspires all girls to be strong, smart, and bold. We equip girls to navigate gender, economic, and social barriers and look toward a future where girls and women are empowered and part of an equitable society. We provide programs that address healthy body image, economic independence, and building healthy relationships with others.
A program for children and their caregivers whose lives are affected by the absence of a parent. KAP is an all volunteer program, brings together a group of Bloomington/Monroe County community members to offer support to children separated from their parents and to those caring for them. KAP offers bimonthly meetings that begin with a healthy lunch where children, parents, caregiver and volunteers get to know each other followed by separate activities for children and caregivers.
Send a email to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message or text message for KAP at 765-999-1893
KAP is an initiative of a social justice task force base in the Unitarian Universalist Church in Bloomington. KAP is also affiliated with Girls Inc of Monroe County and has received support from the Perry Township Trustee. Volunteers must pass appropriate background checks before working with children.
Monroe County Public Health Clinic
IU Health Bloomington / 333 E. Miller Drive / PO Box 1149 / Bloomington IN 47402 / 812-353-3216
Program Manager / Amy Meek, RN BSN / email@example.com
Baby & Me - Tobacco Free Coordinator / Beth Lucas / 812-353-3244 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Monroe C0unty Health Department - Harm Reduction Programs
Syringe Services / Outreach Supplies / HIV/HCV Testing / Overdose Prevention / Safe Sharps Disposal / Treatment Connections
Indiana Coalition Against Domestic Violence ICADV Youth Council
We don't have to put up with dating abuse and violence. There are things we can do to become involved.
Dating Abuse: When a person uses threats, physical violence or emotional abuse to control their dating partner.
- Find and join groups in your community working to prevent the abuse.
- Talk to your friends about healthy relationships.
- Start a dating violence prevention group in your school.
- Talk to adults about improving relationships in your community.
- Model healthy behaviors in your relationships.
- Call out crappy behavior.
- Remember that you have the power to create change.
- Become part of the solution.
- 11% of Indiana high school students reported physical abuse from a boyfriend or girlfriend in the past year.
- In national studies as many as 50% of youth report emotional abuse.