Want to have YOUR say in legislation this coming session?
Want to learn how to make YOUR voice heard amongst legislators?
Want to learn what to say to make sure changes happen that YOU want?
If your answer is Yes! Yes! Yes! – Don’t miss the Indiana Statewide Independent Living Council (INSILC) FREE three-part Legislative Advocacy Workshop Series to learn how to get engaged and Be The Voice for the 2020 Indiana Legislative Session.
Join together with your peers with disabilities and community partners and allies to:
- Register to vote and learn about your voting rights
- Learn about disability rights and disability justice, the political landscape and navigating new legislation
- Understand the political process and how to use modern advocacy tools
- Engage in a social media campaign and draft legislative testimony and comments
- Connect with community leaders and allies, lobbyists, legislative staff and legislators
Workshop Series Schedule:
- Workshop One (LEARN): Thursday – Dec. 12, 2019
- Workshop Two (DEVELOP): Monday – Jan. 13, 2020
- Workshop Three (ENGAGE): Thursday – Jan. 30, 2020
All workshops take place 4:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. EST and will be offered at an onsite venue and via live stream. PLEASE REGISTER FOR EACH WORKSHOP SEPARATELY AND SELECT THE OPTION TO PARTICIPATE ONSITE OR VIA LIVESTREAM.